Our members have been the strength of AHRC since its origin in 1949. Family members, staff, community members and leaders, and people we support- working together as members- provide manpower for AHRC Suffolk to have a voice and presence at the local, state and national level. The collective effort of our members is why many programs and services for children and adults with intellectual and other developmental disabilities (IDD) are available today.
Why You Should Become a Member:
1. Members provide clout! A large membership means a LOUDER voice is heard by local and state legislators and national policymakers.
2. Members provide opportunity! A large membership
means more ACCESS to programs and services for those
with IDD and their families. It amplifies our say in advocacy
efforts and increases awareness of AHRC Suffolk.
3. Members provide leadership! As more members ALIGN
with the mission of AHRC Suffolk, our leadership base for
the future can develop and grow.
4. Members provide awareness! A large membership means a more INFORMED community. Awareness is the first step to creating public acceptance of people with IDD.
5. Members provide growth! While membership is a FRIEND-raiser and not a fundraiser, membership dues help generate funds to support unfunded and under-funded programs and services.
Membership Benefits Include:
Voting rights (applies to non-staff members living or working in Suffolk County who are 18 years and older)
Complimentary ticket to the Annual Meeting and Fashion Show held at AHRC Suffolk in Bohemia in the Spring.
Complimentary entry into the Annual Cash Raffle and a chance to win $1,500.00.
Membership with The Arc New York
Membership with The Arc of the U.S. & The Arc Today, a publication of the national Arc